Here’s a high protein, high fiber and low fat meal. If you pair with avocado and a salad it’s lower in carbs too (even though we love whole grains.) It’s also ridiculously quick and easy to make.
1 block tempeh
1 cup salsa (mild or medium)
1 carton/can black beans
1 red pepper chopped finely
1/2 medium onion chopped finely
handful finely chopped cilantro
juice from 1 small/medium lemon or lime
3 tsp Trader Joe’s taco seasoning
- Chop tempeh into tiny cubes. About 1/4 inch wide.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat.
- Add all ingredients except taco seasoning and cilantro.
- Mix well then add taco seasoning, mixing it in well too.
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes until onion and peppers are just beginning to soften.
- Turn off heat and mix in cilantro.
Serve with salad and avocado or brown rice and avocado.
3 thoughts on “Tempeh ‘Sofritas’”
Sent from my iPad
Im looking forward to trying this! Thank you for posting! Have you ever tried Butler Soy Curls? I think you can use them in this recipe:)
I have not. Thanks for the suggestion. I like tempeh because it’s less processed than other forms of soy such as tofu. It’s very versatile.